Monday, December 9, 2013 | 9:00 am – 12:30 pm (Registration and Continental Breakfast at 8:15 am)
Pre-Conference Group Meet-Up
Facilitated by In-House Counsel & Sponsored by:
Monday, December 9, 2013 | 3:00 pm – 5 pm (Registration Begins at 2:15 pm)
Included in your conference registration cost, this interactive group
session provides unparalleled opportunities to discuss complex
litigation challenges in a smaller group setting led by in-house counsel. During this Meet-Up, you will meet industry peers from across the
country, while learning how the in-house attorneys and executives are tackling products liability concerns. Participants will have the chance to discuss hypothetical scenarios, and how different issues have played out in court. This session is a great kick-off to the conference, and a way for you to begin reaping the benefi ts of the nation’s leading products liability forum.
Post-Conference Business Development Master Class:
In-House Counsel Perspectives on Selecting and Evaluating Outside Counsel
Wednesday, December 11, 2013 | 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm (Registration Begins at 3:15 pm)
In a highly competitive litigation climate, outside counsel are clamoring for the
opportunity to represent some of the nation’s largest pharmaceutical and medical
device manufacturers. How can you separate your fi rm from the competition? In
this unique Master Class, you will hear directly from the in-house counsel, and
gain a better understanding of what they look for when selecting a legal provider.
Our faculty will discuss:
- Demystifying the firm selection process
- preferences for partners vs. associates
- use of preferred provider lists
- How do smaller fi rms get in the game?
- How important are Chambers rankings and surveys?
- In-house counsel pet peeves of their outside counsel – what behavior/activities/style should be avoided?
- Exploring how the virtual law fi rm model is working
- evaluating the model from a cost and result perspective
- Managing expectations related to law firm budgets
- How do companies select which of their preferred providers works on which case?
- Trends and innovations in alternate fee arrangements
- How does the selection process differ for high-stakes work?
- Positioning your fi rm as a “go-to” specialist in a niche and nuanced legal area